Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What a mess...

I think in the last posting I said the house was all under control. Oh NO!! It's not!

My wonderful daughter came down from Omaha on her spring break from school and packed with me for the last ten days. We filled one 12 X 10 ft storage unit, my two car garage and hauled about six pick up loads to the charity shop. Not done yet and the painters are coming this afternoon to start painting the interior but we did get a ton of work done between her social engagements! She had a lot of friends to visit and spent some time with her Dad. All good... she won't come back here very often when I leave, I suspect. I think I'm going to have to rent another storage unit to put in a few more pieces of furniture but we'll see what the realtor thinks.

It's amazing the things you find when you clean out closets and drawers. And so many projects unfinished.... scrap books, photo albums, sewing, crafts, you name it, I've not finished it!

And little surprises the children have left. Mystery stains and spills. One billion broken crayons, leggos and toy pieces. When I think of what all that cost, I'm nauseous. I didn't find nearly enough change to cover it!

Update on my son, too. He's being medically discharged from the Navy on March 31st. That's my last day on payroll, too, so we'll be officially unemployed on the same day. (Actually, his wife hasn't found a job in Omaha yet and Jacque was let go from her job so we're just making it unanimous!) He's heading straight from Corpus to Omaha for a VA medical evaluation. He timed that just right to avoid helping with all this mess! He's smart like his father.

Off to put more stuff in boxes...


No comments:

Post a Comment