Friday, May 28, 2010

PHEW!!!

Well, with the help of my friends and my Credit Union, I have enough money to pay for the house in Nebraska when it closes on the 7th of June AND go to Florida next week for training in the new business. I didn't have to borrow much. Actually, had more than I thought once I tallied everything up! Just so nerve wracking. It's funny when you have no debt and over $200K in equity in real estate and you're considered too 'risky' for the bankers for a short term loan! I still hate bankers... will avoid at all cost for the rest of my life. Because of their greediness and screw ups, we consumers now have to suffer under their new tighter restrictions that have swung way past 'common sense'!

The only thing that will have to be postponed until this house in Houston sells is my move. And that's actually ok. It gives Jacque more time to "decorate" the new house. She's excited so I hope I am when I see it!

And it gives Mac and I more time to get his situation sorted. Despite several calls and messages this week, nothing has progressed with him. CPS = molasses in winter time UPHILL!

Doing some child care juggling to make sure Mac and Savanah and all the animals are taken care of while I'm gone. Savanah is my daughter in law's sister's girl. Also six and Mac's best friend. I keep her a lot and love her like she was my own. I claim her as a faux granddaughter a lot. Her mom surprised her this week and took her to see Taylor Swift!! She was over the moon.

And lastly, I had already purchased tickets to see the Eagles in St. Louis June 24th. I thought I was going to be in Nebraska. Jacque is going with me so now we'll be rendezvousing there. The Eagles have been my all time, life long favorites and I think I've had tickets 2 or 3 times to see them and had weird things happen every time. This time, I'm going! None of us are getting any younger! So Mac and I will be driving to east Texas to my brother's house, Mac will stay with them a couple of nights and I'll go on to St. Louis. Desperado, Tequila Sunrise, Wasted Time, Heartache Tonight, Hotel California... and we have good seats! I'm stoked!! Then come back and stay a couple of days in Leesburg. They have a wonderful lake house with otters, deer, hummingbirds... just total peace. Then head home for Vacation Bible School for a week. That means free mornings for me.... whoohooo!

So June is going to be exciting and busy! Hopefully, somewhere in there my house will sell. There's an open house on the 11th and I hope that brings some interest.

I'll check in when I get back from Florida.

Oh... side bar... I've become a GLEEk! I'm totally loving that show!! And I HATE show tunes so I can skip over those but the other covers and the characters are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment