Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Fun!

I've had a busy June! It actually went much as planned! Surprising!

I closed on the house in Nebraska scraping together every penny I had and a last minute line of credit from my Navy credit union. PHEW!!!

Jacque and I went to FL and did our course. Really had a nice trip and learned a lot. We're so anxious to get started! We even had a day of antiquing and Greek food before we left. Everything was done on a shoestring but we got it done.

Finally got a program in place for Mac so we can move in August. I have to complete his INS application and then he can go. We have his photos so we have to do a physical, TB test and have an interview. Why interview a six year old? But whatever...


So the trucks are reserved, the kid's tickets are bought and we're going to get this done. We're doing a self move with 2 20' trucks! I've asked the youth group from church to come over and help load. We'll see how that works! Otherwise, it's going to be a few very tiring days for us.

I drove to east Tx to my brother's lake house. It's a gorgeous spot and they are always so fun to hang out with. Float in the pool, feed the catfish and turtles, watch the deer, birds, etc. Left Mac there for one night and drove another 700 miles to St Louis to see the Eagles. (The reason I bought tickets in St. Louis is that was the closest place they were playing to Omaha and I was supposed to be in NE by now!) I tried to sell my tickets but didn't so Jacque drove down from Omaha and I drove up. It was a long, long drive but the concert was great. Hot and crowded on the floor of Busch Stadium but really, really great. I'll go again every chance I get! Glenn Fry told the best joke: "I'm from Detroit where "mother" is half a word!" Don Henley ate a bug accidentally and joked about the protein. Timothy Schmidt's hair is still super long; must be like Sampson's hair cause he still sings and plays great. And Joe Walsh is still a wonder on the guitar even sober. But why did he put on a jacket in the middle of the concert when it was 100 degrees??? The Eagles are the greatest band of all time...


My house is NOT selling STILL. I've lowered the price. The open house was a failure. I'm interviewing another realtor tomorrow but basically when the stimulus expired, housing sales have dropped dramatically.

Well, that's about all... I did a couple of training sessions on "The Speed of Trust" for Shell and they want me to do two more so that money will help although I'm not charging much! It'll pay for one truck! LOL


Say a prayer for me to sell this DANG HOUSE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment