Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

So what if it's a made up holiday invented by candy and card companies to get us to spend our money, I like Valentine's Day. It gives us a reminder to let those we love know it. How can that be bad? And you don't HAVE to spend money. Some of my most treasured and long kept Valentines are hand made with macaroni, glitter and glue.

I don't have a romantic interest at the moment (except Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs but sadly, he doesn't know I exist, literally). So I was surprised by a couple of gifts I received for VD. A beautiful vest from my friend that works at Coldwater Creek. She is a bargain hunter and couldn't resist telling me it was 70% off! But I know the thoughtfulness was there. And a job referral from a friend I haven't seen in years. True kindness. Both very special and both something I'll treasure a long time.

So all you cynics out there! HAPPY CHOCOLATE AND HALLMARK DAY! MAY CUPID'S BOW STRIKE YOUR COLD, CYNICAL HEART. The world is a good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment