Sunday, April 18, 2010

Career Lull

This career lull is actually quite nice! I'm settling in to a very relaxed routine. Sleep until 8am, never before in my life. Make Mac breakfast. Take the boy to school at 8:45. Feed the horses. Play with them for awhile. Or pick up some poop if I'm in the mood. Come home and look for a job for awhile. Play PoGo for awhile. Read email. Go to lunch with someone. Come home and do Ancestry.com for awhile (my secret addiction). Check out Facebook and see what my friends are up to... Pick up Mac from school at 4pm. Go back and feed the horses. Do shopping or errands when Mac's in school... so that goes a lot faster! Supper, homework, bath and bed for Mac. Then I can do whatever until midnight! So cool... I should be trying to write my book. Maybe I'll start that next week. Maybe not!

I never was a "stay at home Mom"... Never found a man who made enough money to be able to, I guess! I'm really envious but at the same time, I managed a career and did everything for my kids that I do for Mac. I just did it all somehow. The money allowed them to not want for much. I guess there are trade offs in either situation. This new found relaxed attitude may wear off anyway. Of course, it will have to wear off when I get to Nebraska and need to kick off the new business!

Seems Mac, my foster son, may have to stay here in Texas. I'm not done arguing with CPS yet but his teacher has stepped up and offered to foster him in a kinship placement. That just means the child is placed with someone they know. She definitely knows him and her husband and kids are supportive. That would be a good alternative for Mac since his adoption is still delayed due to his citizenship status. They are arranging to get his status changed to permanent resident alien and he can be adopted then but who knows how long it will take. He's Sudanese and Egyptian so they're not used to handling this sort of case.

The house isn't getting many viewings... only two so far. I'm still praying for a quick sale. I'm still closing on the one in Papillion on 7 June. The horses are being moved the 1st of May. I sent in the deposit for the training class in June in Florida. So Jacque and I will attend training 2-4 June. She'll go back and sign the papers for the house for me. Move is scheduled for 14-15 June. Hoping to save some money there since I've done half the work... the packing! Taking bids now.

AND THE VERY BEST NEWS EVER! I splurged and bought tickets to the EAGLES concert in Kansas City on June 24th. Jacque and I will take a break from unpacking and drive down. They've been my favorite band my entire life and I've never seen them live so I am excited beyond belief!

God is truly good and I'm so blessed. My life just keeps falling into place and it couldn't happen without HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment