Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's OFFICIAL!

I'm unemployed! Signed my papers yesterday and signed up for unemployment benefits this morning!

I'm so glad I've had several months to adjust to the change and I'm also thankful I worked for a good company that provides a great deal of support in the exiting process. I'm not happy to be out of a job but I am happy that the blow was softened. And as time goes by, I almost AM happy because I get to change my journey and get closer to my kids... love, love, love my kids!

We had a going away lunch on Tues so I got to see most of my colleagues and everyone wants to keep in touch! We'll see how we do. This was always the theme each of the 8 or 9 times I transferred in the Navy and I typically have 1 or 2 friends that really do stay in touch. We're all just busy people... too busy for the important things sometimes.

But now I'm not! I can do anything I want to! And after I get this house ready to show, I am going to do just that. (The contractors should be done and out TODAY!) I think I'm going to the zoo without the kids. I've never done that. And I haven't checked out the museums in a LONG time. Houston has a wonderful museum district and I think there's a Russian jewelry show going on! That will be fun!

News front: I'm sick of hearing about cheating husbands. First... Yes, men are dogs but that hasn't changed since the beginning of time. But what about these bimbo women?! Doesn't anyone have any sense of honor and pride anymore? They all knew they were cheating with a married man. They're not 'victims'! They accomplices! Go find one of your own! Leave other women's husbands alone. And secondly, we should just butt out! I'm sick of news people taking up air time talking about this crap instead of much more pertinent news. New England is about to wash away... how can we help them???

On a more positive note, I just found out about the Nissan Leaf. All electric car, 100 miles on a charge and $25,000! I'm in! ... when I get the business profitable! Maybe they can be our company car!

Have a Happy Easter and celebrate the gift our Lord has given. You are saved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment