Thursday, April 29, 2010

Not having a good time...

NO ONE is coming to look at the house. So I met with the realtor on Monday to reword the narrative and re-do some pictures. She acknowledged that it was her fault there was no traffic so I thought that was good. It's only been two weeks and I'm antsy to sell it so I know I'm hyper sensitive. I'm glad she's a friend so she understands me! If you need a nice 6 bedroom house, go to www.har.com and search on 13307 Birdcall! Tell your friends!!

I had a lawsuit filed against me. A first for me! A lady at our barn was tending to Jasper and Butch one Sunday in January while I was at church. She helped me periodically while I was traveling and on vacation last year. She was walking him out to the paddock and stopped to talk apparently. It was nice a chilly day and he was frisky. He got tired of waiting on her and decided to leave so he stripped out of her hand, spun around and kicked out as he was leaving and hit her in the wrist and behind her ear. She was really hurt.

I feel awful about the whole thing but she knew what she was doing and she was getting paid to do it so that makes her a 'professional' in the eyes of the law. We have an Equine Liability Law here that basically says, 'there is an inherent danger to working or being around horses and you take that risk on when you do it so if you get hurt or killed, it's your own fault.' But of course, anyone can sue anyone for anything so now I have to defend myself and the worst part of it is that it's probably going to cost both of us money on top of the other suffering she's already been through. She's insured but supposedly can't work now.

And the other bad part is that people at the barn won't help each other anymore if they think they'll have to put up with this nonsense. Another neighbor who won't help a neighbor anymore because of these stupid lawsuits.

On a good note, both Jessica, my daughter in law's sister and Barbara, my friend from church, got new permanent jobs this week! I'm glad somebody is finding work... now if Jake, Megan and Jacque can find something. (Actually, I'm secretly hoping that Jacque and Megan don't so they'll work for me and help me start the business in July, but that's a long ways off if you're unemployed!)

And my Shell friends are still looking sort of... some are contracting, some are still on the Shell payroll technically and a couple of us are loose. Had a nice catch up luncheon last week and we're going to make it a regular meeting so I'm looking forward to the next lunch!

God continues to bless me. Barbara has a friend who is an Equine Lawyer so once again, she has come through for me with her networks. I guess it pays to have a native Houstonian in your circle of friends, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment