Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Miracle Needed

Things are falling into place at world record speed in getting this move to happen. Just two major projects left. Sell this house and find Mac a home. The house is under control but Mac, not so much! Mac is my 6 year old foster son. He's been with me almost a year. I love him to death and he loves me, too. He's Sudanese and lived in a refugee camp for a long time before being brought to the US by Catholic Charities. His mother's parental rights were terminated last fall. She had been through a lot and was not able to take care of Mac.

I'm too old to adopt him. It wouldn't be fair. And he needs a Dad to help guide him. He's cute as a button so I had anticipated they would find an adoptive family fairly quickly. Then we could let Mac ease into the new home with visits, then overnights and then a final move when I move. That may not be able to happen. His adoptive case worker called yesterday and said that the issue is his citizenship. He's not a US citizen and now they are wondering whether they had the legal right to terminate his mother's parental rights! Oh dear.... this sounds like a long, drawn out process.

I do have a couple of friends who were interested in him so I need to get them introduced. Then if someone is serious, they will have to become licensed to foster and adopt which will take a couple of months. OR they could be considered a kinship placement if he knows them.

Lord, help guide the people making these decisions to find a special home for this wonderful little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment