Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tough Times

Gosh... real challenges stacked on top of losing my job. After the new year, I had to put my 6 yr old boxer down. He had brain cancer. Such a big sweetie... I sure miss him. And then an untimely death in my daughter in law's family. 19 years old. So sad for everyone and so much guilt and blame. There's such anger when something like this happens. I wish I knew the right words to help them move past those feelings.

And then I keep getting rays of Sunshine... I was down at the barn in my neighborhood (we have a co-op stables) taking care of the horses last week and there was a big stray yellow lab. Buddy lives with us now, learning his manners. He's a jumper but he's getting the message. Using my "Dog Whisperer" techniques! Spend some money on neutering and shots and I've got a new Buddy... and he'll like the snow!

And I have had so many friends step up and offer help with moving and setting up the business in Omaha. And some of them are people my friends have referred me to! They don't even know me but are so kind and helpful. I feel so sure we can make this business work.

My daughter and I were talking today. If we can get this first business making money, we want to open a TexMex in Omaha. There's NO good Mexican food there! But then the Nebraskans don't seem to like much spice so there would be that risk!

Count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment