Friday, February 12, 2010

Buddy

I recently lost my Boxer, Garth, to brain cancer and it was horrific. So God sent me a new dog a couple of weeks ago. Yellow lab and 'something big' mix that was running loose and jumped in my truck like he had called me to pick him up and I was late. I looked for his owner. I really did! With the move coming up, it's not an ideal time for a new pet. And we already have eight other pets so I needed another mouth to feed like a hole in the head. But no luck and no microchip so he's here and his name is Buddy. He's about two, very sweet, very pushy, a jumper, a humper, a thief and not entirely housetrained. So I checked with the vet to get him fixed and vaccinated and it will run about $500 so he's not entirely free either. (I think that my epitaph will say "no good deed ever went unpunished'!)

So even though he reminds me of most of my old boyfriends and why I'm not married, the most important thing is that he's a big, sweet galoot and we love him already. Including Pickles, the Pitbull. They are already wrestling buddies and fast friends. And if Pickles approves, we all approve, or else! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment